As the world continues to deal with the fallout of the coronavirus pandemic, Sony Pictures has announced a major shakeup to its upcoming film schedule.
Sony Pictures has released a new schedule for its films with a large number of films leaving 2020 and moving to 2021. The big one for Spider-Man fans is Morbius has been pushed back eight months from July 2020 to March 2021.
- Greyhound (Columbia Pictures) – TBD (previously 6/12/2020)
- Fatherhood (Columbia Pictures) – 10/23/2020 (previously 1/15/2021)
- Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway (Columbia Pictures) – 1/15/2021 (previously 08/07/2020)
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Columbia Pictures) – 03/05/2021 (previously 07/10/2020)
- Sony/Marvel Morbius (Columbia Pictures) – 03/19/2021 (previously 07/31/2020)
- Uncharted (Columbia Pictures) – 10/8/2021 (previously 03/05/2021)
- Untitled Sony Marvel (Columbia Pictures) – TBD (previously 10/08/2021)
The untitled Marvel film slated for Oct. 8, 2021 was the rumored Kraven project.
What wasn’t mentioned by Sony, and has us curious, is what happens with Venom 2. It’s currently slated for this Oct., but no word as of yet as to what will happen with it.
Hopefully things will begin to return to normal by this fall, but we’ll just have to wait and see.