The cover, release date and special features for the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 have been announced by Sony this morning, and the Marc Webb helmed sequel will be available to buy from August 5th on Digital HD download, with physical copies following on August 19th. Head on over to Amazon and pre-order it today.
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Alicia Keys “It’s On Again” music video
Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including “Peter Meets His Father”
- “The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- “Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- “Heart of the City: Shooting in New York” — A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- “Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains” — An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- “A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin” — From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- “A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects” — Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- “Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing” — Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.
Exclusive to the DVD:
- New Public Service Announcement for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO), featuring Andrew Garfield & WWO CEO Dr. Jane Aronson